Welcome to Tunisia, Africa!
ROUTE: Tunis, Hammamet, Sfax, Douz, Tozeur, Kairouan
DURATION: 7 Days
- Visit to historical sites and monuments
- Visit to castle in Monastir, the Roman Amphitheatre in El Djem
- Matmata visit of a cave dwelling house and a Berber family
- Excursion to Nefta to visit Oasis
- Jeep Safari – 4 wheel drive vehicles off-road excursion to Chebika with visit to the Oasis on the rock
- Visit the Suffeitula Ruins
- Visit to the Grand Mosque, the Barber Mausoleum, the Aghlabites pools and the the Souks
|AIRFARE:||International Airfare Upon Request|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Hotels used (or similar)|
Accommodations Per Person Sharing, including hotel taxes
Arrival & departure transfers where applicable
Local guides where applicable
Meals per itinerary
Park entrance fees and sightseeing fees where applicable
Airfare and air taxes
Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
Items of a personal nature such as baggage porterage, gratuities/tips, laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, etc.
Visa and visa fees
Optional sightseeing and activities
Meals, beverages and services not mentioned in itinerary
For additional information or reservations please complete QUOTE REQUEST form in side bar of this page or contact us directly to speak to one of our Destination Experts.
We can personalize this tour just for you! Call: 416-690-6996 or complete form in: CUSTOM-CRAFTED tab on this page.
Thank you for choosing White Horse Travels! Providing Vacations of a Lifetime.
Day 1 Arrive Tunis
Upon arrival at airport in Tunisia, you will be warmly met by a representative, who will provide assistance and transfer to your accommodation to check-in.
Day 2 Hammamet - Monastir - El Jem
- After breakfast depart for Hammamet for Monastir and visit the castle.
- Continue to El Djem : Visit of the Roman Amphitheatre.
- Continue to Sfax and visit the souks (local bazaars).
Overnight: Sfax – (B, D)
Day 3 Sfax - Gabes - Matmata - Douz
- Depart for Gabes.
- Visit of the salt sea oasis and the local traditional market.
- Continue to Matmata to visit of a cave dwelling house and a Berber family.
- Continue to Douz.
Overnight: Douz – (B, D)
Day 4 Douz - Chott El Jerrid - Tozeur - Nefta - Tozeur
- Cross the salt lake Chott El Jerid to Tozeur.
- Check into Hotel before departing for an excursion to Nefta.
- Visit the Oasis.
- Travel back to Tozeur. Visit of the Oasis and Dar Cherait museum.
Overnight: Tozeur – (B, D)
Day 5 Tozeur - Chebika - Tamerza - Mides - Tozeur
- Depart in a 4 wheel drive vehicles on an off-road excursion to Chebika and on arrival visit the Oasis on the rock.
- Continue driving to Tamerza and visit the waterfalls.
- Travel back to Tozeur.
- Afternoon at leisure.
Overnight: Tozeur – (B, D)
Day 6 Tozeur - Gafsa - Sbeitla - Kairouan
- Morning at leisure.
- Early this afternoon depart for Sbeitla via Gafsa.
- On arrival visit the Suffeitula Ruins.
- Continue to Kairouan.
Overnight: Kairouan – (B, D)
Day 7 Kairouan - Departure Or Port El Kantaoui/Hammamet
- After Breakfast, visit the Grand Mosque, the Barber Mausoleum and the Aghlabites pools and the the Souks.
- Depart for Sousse to see the Medina and the museum.
- Transfer to the Tunis airport (DEPENDS IF THE FLIGHT IS VERY LATE IN THE EVENING) or transfer to your Beach extension to a hotel in Port El Kantaoui or Hammamet. – (B)
Meals as per itinerary: (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
Location Name: Tunisia, Africa
Area (SQ KM): 163,610
Language(s): Arabic (official, commerce), French (commerce)
Religion: Islam (Sunni), Christian, Jewish
Currency: Tunisian dinar – TND
Time Zone: UTC + 1
Electricity: 230 V
Phone Country Code to Call (Tunisia, Africa): 216
Before You Go:
Please refer to our “Before You Go Post” for important, useful information and website links: http://www.tourcanvacations.com/before-you-go/
Note: The information contained is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of this content.