Welcome to the Philippines, Asia!
ROUTE: Manila, Banaue, Batad
DURATION: 4 Days
- Jeepney for Banaue-Batad Junction-Bangaan-Banaue
- Hikes through mountain trails
- Stop at Tappiya Waterfalls
|AIRFARE:||International Airfare Upon Request|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Hotels used (or similar)|
Accommodations Per Person Sharing, including hotel taxes
Arrival & departure transfers where applicable
Local guides where applicable
Meals per itinerary
Park entrance fees and sightseeing fees where applicable
Airfare and air taxes
Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
Items of a personal nature such as baggage porterage, gratuities/tips, laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, etc.
Visa and visa fees
Optional sightseeing and activities
Meals, beverages and services not mentioned in itinerary
For additional information or reservations please complete QUOTE REQUEST form in side bar of this page or contact us directly to speak to one of our Destination Experts.
We can personalize this tour just for you! Call: 416-690-6996 or complete form in: CUSTOM-CRAFTED tab on this page.
Thank you for choosing White Horse Travels! Providing Vacations of a Lifetime.
Day 1 Arrive Manila
Upon arrival at airport in the Philippines, you will be warmly met by a representative, who will provide assistance and transfer to your accommodation to check-in.
- Depart for Banaue via the Cagayan Valley, until you reach the mountain ranges of the Cordillera, a region of outstanding natural beauty. The 10-hour journey by land leads you to Banaue, the gateway to Ifugao Province, and site of the world-famous rice terraces.
Overnight: Banaue – (L, D)
Day 2 Manila - Banaue
- Board a local jeepney and proceed to the Saddle, the jump-off point where the trek to Batad begins.
- Hike downhill through mountain trails until you reach the crest that encompasses a breathtaking view of amphitheatre-like terraces, sheer wooded mountains and finally, the secluded village of Batad.
- After lunch, embark on a leisurely exploration of the village, which consists of a small huddle of huts dotting the landscape. Tread your way through narrow pathways on rice paddies, to a small wooded hill where a path leads to a river.
- Continue your walk upstream along the riverbank until the impressive 25-meter high Tappiya Waterfalls comes into view. Time permitting, enjoy a refreshing dip in the natural pool fronting the waterfalls before returning to the inn.
Overnight: Banaue – (B, L, D)
Day 3 Banaue - Batad
- Check out and begin the 3-hour long trek on high mountain passes, traversing on rocky fringes of rice paddies and thick undergrowth of bamboo groves, giant ferns and moss-carpeted rock walls, until you reach Bangaan Village.
- Proceed to Banga-an Family Inn for lunch.
- After lunch, explore the cluster of humble dwellers that make up the village and mingle with the village folks.
- Return to Banaue on board a local jeepney.
Overnight: Banaue – (B, L, D)
Day 4 Batad - Banaue
- Return to Manila via Cagayan Valley road and the central plains of Luzon.
- Arrive in Manila late in the afternoon. – (B, L)
Meals as per itinerary: (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
Location Name: Phillipines, Asia
Area (SQ KM): 300,000
Language(s): Filipino (based on Tagalog), English (both official); eight major dialects: Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilocano, Hiligaynon or Ilonggo, Bicol, Waray, Pampango, and Pangasinense
Religion: Roman Catholic, Evangelical, Iglesia ni Kristo, Aglipayan, Christian, Islam
Currency: Philippine peso – PHP
Time Zone: UTC+8
Electricity: 220 V
Phone Country Code to Call (Phillipines, Asia): 63
Before You Go:
Please refer to our “Before You Go Post” for important, useful information and website links: http://www.whitehorsetravels.com/before-you-go/
Note: The information contained is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of this content.