Welcome to Israel, Middle East!
ROUTE: Tel Aviv, Lavi Kibbutz, Jerusalem
DURATION: 8 Days
- Visit to historical sites/monuments
- See the restored ancient roman theatre, the Aqueduct and the Hippodrome
- Safed visit to ancient synagogue and wander around an impressive Art Gallery
- Visit to Golan Heights and famous Golan winery
- Visit the Church of Annunciation and Joseph’s workshop
- See the ruins of the ancient synagogue and octagonal church of St. Peter
- Stop to see Zacchaeus’ Sycamore fig tree and view Mt. of Temptation
- Bethlehem visit to the Church of Nativity with its grottos and wander around Manger Square
- Visit the Room of Last Supper, Dormition Abbey and traditional tomb of King David
- Walk along Via Dolorosa with its 14 Stations of the Cross and visit the Church of Holy Sepulchre
- Unique opportunity to float in the Dead Sea
|AIRFARE:||International Airfare Upon Request|
|ACCOMMODATIONS:||Hotels used (or similar)|
Accommodations Per Person Sharing, including hotel taxes
Arrival & departure transfers where applicable
Local guides where applicable
Meals per itinerary
Park entrance fees and sightseeing fees where applicable
Airfare and air taxes
Cancellation, baggage, travel and medical insurance
Items of a personal nature such as baggage porterage, gratuities/tips, laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, etc.
Visa and visa fees
Optional sightseeing and activities
Meals, beverages and services not mentioned in itinerary
For additional information or reservations please complete QUOTE REQUEST form in side bar of this page or contact us directly to speak to one of our Destination Experts.
We can personalize this tour just for you! Call: 416-690-6996 or complete form in: CUSTOM-CRAFTED tab on this page.
Thank you for choosing White Horse Travels! Providing Vacations of a Lifetime.
|Location||Israel, Middle East|
Day 1 Arrive Tel Aviv
Upon arrival at airport in Tel Aviv, you will be warmly met by a representative, who will provide assistance and transfer to your accommodation to check-in.
Overnight: Tel Aviv
Day 2 Caesarea - Megiddo - Druze Village - Haifa
- After breakfast drive along the coastal plain to Caesarea, ancient capital of Judea, built by King Herod. See the restored ancient roman theatre, the Aqueduct and the Hippodrome.
- Proceed to Megiddo, identified as the site of Armageddon; visit the archaeological excavations including the well-preserved incredible water system.
- Continue to Daliat el Carmel, a Druze village, located on Mt. Carmel.
- Have lunch at a local restaurant.
- Continue to Haifa, one of Israel’s largest ports and a beautiful city on the slopes of Mt. Carmel. Enjoy a panoramic view of the Bay of Haifa and view the golden domed Bahai Temple with its beautiful hanging Persian Garden.
- Proceed to your kibbutz hotel.
Overnight: Galilee – (B, L, D)
Day 3 Safed - Golan Heights - Winery
- After breakfast drive to Safed , the center of Kabala, ancient Jewish mystics. Visit ancient synagogue and wander around an impressive Art Gallery.
- Continue to the Golan Heights and view the former Syrian Fortifications, dating back to the 1973 Yom Kippur War. View Kuneitra (Syrian border city) and proceed to Katzrin in the Golan Heights.
- Visit famous Golan winery and taste some award winning wines, which became very well known internationally.
- See the Magic of Golan, a multimedia presentation of the area and its history.
- Return to your kibbutz hotel.
Overnight: Galilee – (B, D)
Day 4 Sea Of Galilee - Nazareth
- After breakfast, drive to Nazareth, the town where Jesus spent his boyhood. Visit the Church of Annunciation and Joseph’s workshop.
- Continue to Tiberias, capital of the Lower Galilee and the town on the Sea of Galilee.
- Proceed to Capernaum, the town of Jesus; see the ruins of the ancient synagogue and octagonal church of St. Peter; drive to Mt. Beatitudes where Jesus delivered the sermon on the mount.
- Drive via Beit Shean to Beit Alpha and see the preserved mosaic floor of ancient synagogue depicting Zodiac.
- Continue to Jerusalem and arrive to your hotel.
Overnight: Jerusalem – (B)
Day 5 Bethlehem & Jericho
- After breakfast drive through the Judean desert towards Jericho. Enjoy the view of Good Samaritan Inn.
- After a short stop at sea level point continue to Jericho, one of the oldest cities on earth. Stop to see Zacchaeus’ Sycamore fig tree and view Mt. of Temptation. Visit the Tal of ancient Jericho where 25 ancient cities were uncovered. (*cable car is not included).
- Proceed to the city of Bethlehem. Visit the Church of Nativity with its grottos and wander around Manger Square.
- Drive towards Jerusalem, passing by Shepherd’s Field.
Overnight: Jerusalem – (B)
Day 6 Jerusalem - Old City - Yad Vashem
- After breakfast drive to Mount of Olives. Enjoy a panoramic view of the Golden City of Jerusalem.
- Stop at Mount Zion to visit the Room of Last Supper, Dormition Abbey and traditional tomb of King David. Enter the Old City through one of its numerous Gates and walk through Armenian and Jewish quarters to the recently excavated and restored Cardo, ancient Roman Road. Arrive to the Western Wall, the only remains from the 2nd Temple period, also known as the Wailing Wall, a sacred place fro the Jewish people.
- Continue to the Christian Quarter. Walk along Via Dolorosa with its 14 Stations of the Cross. Visit the Church of Holy Sepulchre, the holiest Shrine in the Christendom.
- Drive to the New City and visit Yad Vashem, the memorial to victims of Nazi Holocaust.
- Return to your hotel.
Overnight: Jerusalem – (B)
Day 7 Massada - Dead Sea
- After breakfast leave your hotel and Jerusalem and proceed, through the Judean Hills to the Dead Sea area, the lowest spot on earth, over 400 m below the sea level. Roadside view of Qumran caves (visit not included) where the famous Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
- Drive along the shores of the Dead Sea to Massada where you will learn the alleged story of the Jewish zealots.
- Ascend by cable car and tour the mountain fortress built by king Herod, where the zealots made their last stand against the Romans in the 1st Century period.
- Visit the remains of the walls, palace, synagogue, water cisterns, mosaic floors, roman baths and other findings. Descend by cable car.
- Continue to the Dead sea beach to enjoy the unique opportunity to float in the Dead Sea and cover yourself with the rich mineral mud, that many believe has therapeutic effects.
- Proceed to your hotel in Tel Aviv.
Overnight: Tel Aviv – (B)
Day 8 Depart Tel Aviv
Departure: Breakfast at your hotel and transfer to Ben Gurion airport for your flight home. – (B)
Meals as per itinerary: (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
Location Name: Israel, Middle East
Area (SQ KM): 20,770
Language(s): Hebrew (official), Arabic, English
Religion: Judaism, Islam, Christian, Druze
Currency: Israeli new shekel – ILS
Time Zone: GMT/ UTC + 2
Electricity: 230 V
Phone Country Code to Call (Israel, Middle East): 972
Before You Go:
Please refer to our “Before You Go Post” for important, useful information and website links: http://www.tourcanvacations.com/before-you-go/
Note: The information contained is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of this content.